[Equest-users] Assign Parameters from Excel to eQuest

jeremy.mcclanathan at esimforums.com jeremy.mcclanathan at esimforums.com
Wed Sep 12 10:57:20 PDT 2012

Hello all,

Just thought some of you might find this valuable.  Here
http://www.esimforums.com/equest/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=141  is
link where you can download a spreadsheet that uses macros to modify the
eQuest inp file with data from Excel tables. In the Excel table, the data
can be sorted, copy and pasted, modified with formulas, etc.. At times,
especially with large models, I have found this to be a time saver. Some
tasks I have found that save time in excel are:

		Using the sort and drag and drop functions to assign values

				This is demonstrated in the video when the values are sorted by
activity description then lighting loads are assigned by dragging and
dropping.

		Reducing duplication of work between HVAC sizing and energy
analysis by applying lights, people, and equipment from the loads
program to the energy program, or vice versa.

		Using lookup tables to assign values based on activity description
(an alternative to writing/modifying user default formulas)

		Restoring defaults (an alternative to using regular
expressions)

Cheers,
Jeremy

Jeremy