[Equest-users] Would like to hear from you guys

Yazan Abukhait yazan142us at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:25:57 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I'm involved in a LEED project where my company have hired a LEED
consultant, among the buildings is an office building consisting of 6
stories, being fed from a central utility plant located within the project,
the base line is the same that of the proposed building ( system 8) except
that the VAV boxes are fan powered in the baseline. The mechanical engineer
modeling the project is insisting that he can show a minimum of 10% energy
savings by using variable speed pumps and AHUs and heat recovery, I believe
the heat recovery part, but using variable speed pumps and fans should also
being modeled for the baseline as well, isn't it the case? ASHRAE 90.1-2007
will not allow you to use constant speed pumps for pumps and fans even when
you use the LEED supplemental document for district cooling plants
treatment, would like to hear from you guys, and thanks in advance.

Regards