[Equest-users] Make-up air unit with sporatic schedule

Peter Baumstark pbaumstark at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 15 17:23:20 PDT 2012

I'm modeling a high bay manufacturing facility for the purpose of the  Energy
Efficient Commercial Building Tax Deduction.  Baseline building  must be modeled
to ASHRAE 90.1-2004, Appendix G.

The proposed  building has constant volume heating/ventilating units with 100%
OSA.   Additionally they have a make-up air unit, with heating, that only
operates when the doors are open and trucks are inside running and being
unloaded.

Can anyone give guidance on how to handle this type of  system in eQUEST, since
eQUEST will only allow one HVAC system per  zone?  Also I'd need the operation
schedule for this unit to be  different than the HVAC op hours for the rest of
the building.

Also  per 2004 ASHRAE, this must be System 5, VAV with cooling.  So when I
model the proposed building, I'll need the system to be constant volume  with
cooling, which will probably cause problems with the energy use  relative to
baseline.  Can the proposed building air distribution system  be VAV, with
cooling and heating at the AHU, for example?

Thank you,Pete