[Equest-users] Power induction unit/ reheat delta T

Bruce Easterbrook bruce5 at bellnet.ca
Mon Sep 10 09:42:45 PDT 2012

It seems to me you have gone overboard on your zone air flows which will
generate unmet hours and also waste energy. This is all a balancing act
between several conflicting items, air flow just being one.  I don't
think your delta T is the problem. Terminal units can heat and cool and
it sounds like yours are not cooling.  I would also suspect your system
is fighting itself. You are going to have to troubleshoot what is going
on and figure out a solution.  Your sim reports will tell you how much
heating and cooling each zone requires.  From there you can figure out
how much air you need to to accomplish this.  Compare that to how much
air you are putting in.  I don't do a lot of these types of systems to
give you a quick answer with the information I have. Most of the time
there is no quick answer anyway.  All HVAC systems follow a logical
pattern.  You need to find where and why you have deviated.  As you can
see eQuest will take you way out into left field if you let it.
Bruce Easterbrook P.Eng.
Abode Engineering