[Equest-users] equipement representation in eQuest

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Sep 26 14:33:46 PDT 2012

Hi Andres,

You can likely use a PSZ system of some sort.  There are however a number of correct answers for how broadly your question is presented.

I suggest starting with what eQuest would suggest:  Answer for yourself whether it's a heat pump vs. cooling-only and residential vs. commercial equipment, then create a dummy model to navigate into wizards and use the system heating/cooling inputs to arrive at an appropriate split system description.  Fill out the remaining inputs for that system as appropriate.  Ensure that system is assigned to a zone and hit "Finish."

Doing this will generate unique systems and performance curves you can copy & modify, specific to your selections.

~Nick
[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER