[Equest-users] Effect of reflectivity on building energy consumption

RobertWichert robert at wichert.org
Sat Sep 29 07:51:54 PDT 2012

Dear Nimesh Prajapati,

It looks like your gas consumption went DOWN with increased
absorptivity.  This makes sense to me since the building will absorb
more solar heat and keep itself warm.

It looks like your electric consumption went UP with increased
absorptivity.  This also makes sense since the building heat loads are
increased by the additional solar heat.

Am I getting this correct?

Robert Wichert P.Eng. LEED AP BD&C
+1 916 966 9060