[Equest-users] Using formulas in Equest Parent/Child relationships Outside Air

Robby Oylear robbyoylear at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 07:50:06 PDT 2013

The eSimForums has a section dedicated to expressions that is pretty
helpful and if you have any further questions I'd recommend making a post
on there.  There's a small group of people who seem to respond to questions
in a fairly timely manner over there.  Link:
http://www.esimforums.com/equest/viewforum.php?f=70.  Specifically, I made
a post on there of the commonly used BDL commands that I use in writing
expressions: http://www.esimforums.com/equest/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=139.

To answer your specific question, to reference a space command from the
zone you'll want to make use of the Local Reference command (#LR).  The
question marks in your formula could be replaced by
#LR("SPACE","NUMBER-OF-PEOPLE") and #LR("SPACE","AREA").

Also, it appears you're missing the distribution efficiency factor from
ASHRAE 62.1 in your calculations.  Typically this value is 0.8.