[Equest-users] Cooling/Heating Capacity Ratios - LEED Report?

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Thu Apr 11 10:01:47 PDT 2013

I don't think I have an answer to your question, but wanted to point out
two things:

1)  Energy models are often the "property" of the design engineer,
modeler, owner, etc, and although I often upload PDFs of the .inp file
(because I'm lazy), GBCI should never be able to require this as
standard practice.

and

2)  I thought the whole intent of those newer Section 1.4 excel sheets
for documenting inputs / outputs is to avoid comments like the one you
received.  If you had marked those particular cells of the "General
HVAC" tab as follows:

All Baseline system cooling capacities auto-sized with 15% oversizing
per G3.1.2.2 (at the system or plant level, but not both)

Yes

All Baseline system heating capacities auto-sized with 25% oversizing
per G3.1.2.2 (at the system or plant level, but not both)

Yes

Shouldn't that be enough for the reviewer?  Thought it was supposed to
make their job easier....

Were you using an older method of input documentation?

GHT Limited
James Hansen, P.E., LEED AP
Senior Associate
1010 N. Glebe Road, Suite 200