[Equest-users] How to set the COP of a chiller as constant in eQuest?

Esmireta e2fye2 at 163.com
Sun Apr 21 21:49:56 PDT 2013

Hi Joe,
Thanks for your reply!
Is the DOE-2.2 manual the DOE help in the eQuest?
Esmi

At 2013-04-18 03:17:00,"Joe Huang" <yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com> wrote:
Do you not have a copy of a DOE-2.2 or DOE-2.1E manual?  That would make it hard to understand how DOE-2 works.
DOE-2 has many performance curves, depending on the type of equipment. The EIR-FT curves are either bi-linear or bi-quadratic functions of the entering wetbulb and outdoor drybulb temperature.  The EIR-FPLR curves can be linear, quadratic, or cubic functions of the Part Load Ratio (PLR).

By the way,what I said yesterday was in reference to packaged SYSTEMS.  If your model contains a PLANT model with a Chiller, then
the keywords for the chiller performance curves change somewhat.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D