[Equest-users] Modifying existing building

Adam Towell ATowell at cxegroup.com
Tue Apr 30 09:43:55 PDT 2013

Stephanie-

I'll take a shot at explaining how I deal with changing spaces, although I'm sure someone else on here will have a more thorough explanation.

(This is assuming that you're working in the detailed edit mode). Whenever I need to resize a space, I change the coordinates of the space polygon that the space is using. This will ensure that the walls/roofs/floors stay assigned to the right spot and remain the correct size. In addition to altering the size of the space by changing the polygon size, you may need to adjust the floor polygon to reflect the new size of the whole floor.

As a quick example- if I need to double the size of a space, I adjust the space polygon accordingly. As long as the roof and floor of the space are set to the top and bottom of the space respectively, they should automatically change their shape/size to fit the adjusted polygon.

It may take some trial and error with regards to the polygon's orientation in order to get everything correct.

I hope this makes sense and I didn't confuse you further!

Adam E. Towell
CxE Group LLC
Consulting Engineers
Your Independent, Third-Party Commissioning Authority.
20 Edwardsville Professional Park, Suite A
Edwardsville, Illinois 62025-3602
Phone:    618.659.9461