[Equest-users] chiller staging based on time

E Wong edmund1017 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 16:13:14 PDT 2013

Hello fellow eQuest modeller,

I am trying to model an existing building that stages chiller based on time
and not load.  The building has a big chiller (~1000 ton) that runs during
day time and a small chiller (~200 ton) at night.  I want to ensure the
model use the big chiller during day time even when the cooling load is low.

Is there any smart way in eQuest to model this?  Or am I better off just
removing the small chiller completely and use spreadsheet to post-process
the efficiency during night time?

Thanks,
Edmund