[Equest-users] Question: Modeling Specific Chillers

Sunil Nair energymodel.sunil at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 09:34:39 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions with respect to modeling specific chillers.

1) I am trying to model a centrifugal chiller with an economizer. The
chiller in question is a centrifugal chiller running on R123 with an
economizer installed to it. Do I just need to get data from the chiller
manufacturer and input the curves into the model? Is this the right way to
go?

2) How do you model multi stage centrifugal chillers without VFD's?

Thanks,

Sunil Nair

*Ab Initio*

TMA House, Plot No. 6, 2nd Floor,