[Equest-users] JOB POSTING: Building Energy Modeler at YRG
mwork at yrgxyz.com
Wed Aug 21 11:18:27 PDT 2013
JOB POSTING: Building Energy Modeler
Date of Posting: August 8, 2013
Location: New York City or Denver, CO
Position Type: Full Time, Part Time, or Independent Contract-Based
YRG is seeking a Building Energy Modeler to support our green building consulting work. The ideal candidate should have an engineering or building science background, and an understanding of the integrated, high performance design and construction process. They should demonstrate an ability to effectively drive the optimization of architectural, electrical, and mechanical systems to realize cost effective, high performance design. In addition, the candidate should be familiar with LEED and ASHRAE standards, including ASHRAE Standards 90.1 and 62.1.
Qualified candidates should have at least two years experience with eQUEST, IES, or EnergyPlus, and be comfortable with early-phase and schematic-level energy analysis. An eagerness to learn new software and resources as they are developed is also desired. The ideal candidate should have strong analytical and communication skills, and be both willing and able to support project teams in all aspects of building design. An energy modeling-specific accreditation such as BEMP or BESA is also preferred.
Additional preferred technical knowledge and experience includes familiarity and experience with:
• Daylight modeling and design (including glare, contrast, light levels, lighting controls, etc.)
• Cost estimation and cost-benefit analysis
• Thermal comfort analysis using ASHRAE Standard 55
• HVAC system design or operation and maintenance
• Energy efficient mechanical systems and controls, including building management/automation systems
• Implementation of energy efficiency strategies for existing buildings
• Interior and site lighting calculations and specifications
• Renewable energy technologies and analytical models (e.g. RETscreen, Homer)
• Building commissioning and retro-commissioning
• Familiarity with Xcel’s EDA (CO) program or NYSERDA’s TA program (NY)
The successful candidate should exhibit strong time management, organizational, and presentation skills; be flexible to changes in deadlines and work focus; and be highly self-motivated. This position will require working independently as well as closely with other staff members and members of multiple client project teams.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
If interested, please send a resume to Josh Radoff at jradoff at yrgxyz.com
Mandy Work Office Manager
sustainability consulting, education and analysis
328 South Jefferson Street, Suite 250
Chicago, Illinois 60661
yrgxyz.com | facebook | twitter
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Equest-users