[Equest-users] Input function with daylight factors for accurate daylighting

David Griffin dgriffin at etcgrp.com
Fri Aug 9 13:29:57 PDT 2013

Bill,

Since eQUEST utilizes a split flux calculation which averages lighting levels, it is not super accurate when it comes to daylighting. You can, however, use daylighting to approximate energy savings in eQUEST using appropriately zoned perimeters spaces and sunspaces.

If you truly want accurate daylighting in eQUEST, you're going to have to use a third party software and create an 8760 schedule within eQuest to reflect the results (I suggest using a GUI for Radiance such as AGi32).

If I knew exactly what you were trying to do and had a better sense of the geometry you are working with, I could assist you further.

Unlike Mike, the song is BEFORE my time, but I'll spare you the old guy jokes ;)

Thanks,

David Griffin
Energy Analyst
ETC Group, LLC
801.278.1927 ext. 128
Cell 480.235.0899
Fax 801.486.0668
dgriffin at etcgrp.com<mailto:dgriffin at etcgrp.com>

[Copy of ETC_LogoOnly2_rgb_sm.png]
1997 South 1100 East, Suite 201, Salt Lake City, UT 84106-4471 - www.etcgrp.com<http://www.etcgrp.com/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain confidential information that is legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at (801) 278-1927 and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them. Thank you.