[Equest-users] Expression Evaluation Error

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Aug 23 13:48:34 PDT 2013

I might round back and reinforce part of Bruce's initial assessment:  When shared vertices aren't perfectly locked together all sorts of havoc can ensue during or well after the wizards, and I also see some traces in that original screengrab suggesting *slightly* askew (non-orthagonal) walls which may or may not have been intentional...

Some high-level simplification may well be in order as has been discussed, but should you decide to flesh out a full accounting of the interior zones you might try this strategy:  For more complex and large CAD tracings, rather than reference the actual plan backgrounds I will instead first draft up my own simplified perimeter/zone map for the energy model in CAD using the actual HVAC/background xref'ed in for reference. What follows in equest is a much simpler to use single-line reference with a magnitude fewer CAD vertices.  This really cuts down on potential for human-error - usually it's plain as day with such a simplified reference when I miss a vertex snap.  Such a simplified reference will dramatically cut down on your time spent on those zoning screens as well which I'm sure has mental health benefits.

As always with large projects, save your progress early and often!

~Nick

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER