[Equest-users] Excessive pumping power consumption

Javed Iqbal eee.javed at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 12:58:26 PST 2013

Dear All,

I'm simulating a large commercial building for LEED compliance. There i am
facing a major issue in pumping power annual consumption. The proposed case
pumping power is almost 7 times higher than the ASHRAE baseline case which
 has great impact on my overall anticipated savings. I've generated hourly
report to see the pump operations power and found propose case pump is
running all year round whereas baseline is running as per building
operating hours. I've thoroughly checked all the schedules assigned and it
seems fine to me. My gut feeling is there is some load which is driving the
pump to run throughout the year. I would appreciate if someone can give
expert advice to troubleshoot this.

Thanks in Advance!!

--

Javed Iqbal, LEED AP, CEA