[Equest-users] eQuest unmet heating hours oddity

Netty Nina nnina at ers-inc.com
Mon Feb 4 06:20:13 PST 2013

Hi Everyone,

This questions is about unmet heating hours in a model. I've scoured the bldg-sim list but I haven't come across anything like the problem I'm having. I'm modeling a high school in New England. The unmet heating hours are 99.99%. I've checked the heating and cooling schedules, fan schedules, etc., adjusted the throttling range, and so on. The SS-O reports show that the majority of space temperatures are below 60F. The building is in New England, but I find it unlikely that during the majority of the summer the temperature will be below 60F in the building.  It's not really a sizing issue either as changing equipment sizes does not do anything and the loads (for the most part) do not exceed the equipment capacity. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Netty

Netty Nina<mailto:nnina at ers-inc.com>, LEED(r) AP BD+C
Project Engineer