[Equest-users] Replacing baseboard with heat pump results in higher space heating

Mapes,Terry S (CONTR) - PEJD-WALLA WALLA tsmapes at bpa.gov
Thu Feb 14 12:54:59 PST 2013

I submitted this earlier and was asked to add the .INP files to the .PD2 files I attached.  Below is the original message repeated.

I'm doing a rough energy model using mostly Equest defaults and wanted to replace the existing baseboard electric heating with a heat pump.  The resulting space heating increased from 57,000 kWh to 147,000 kWh (including the HP Supp.).  From the baseline model I went into the wizard and added the dx heating and cooling and aligned the EER/COP with state compliant levels (10.7/3.2).  Attached are the .PD2 files for baseline and HP models.  Many thanks.

Terry Mapes | Mechanical Engineer
ACS Professional Staffing Contractor
USDOE Bonneville Power Administration
2316 Eastgate St., Suite 160 | Walla Walla, WA | 99362
office 509-527-6231 | cell 509-970-5715 | fax 509-527-6210