[Equest-users] HVAC systems: Baseboard Heating

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Mon Feb 4 12:06:06 PST 2013

Mike,

Baseboard capacity is entered/determined at the zone level. Read the DOE-2 help menu item for the field below for the explanation of how eQUEST determines the default capacity.
If you leave it blank, eQUEST will autosize each zone. You need to enter zero values for zones that don't have baseboards, otherwise all of a system's zones with heating loads will be modeled with them.
Negative values should be used for manually-entered capacities other than zero.
If you select Outdoor Reset instead of Thermostatic control, you have to enter a reset schedule at the system level or the baseboards will not operate.

Regards,
Bill