[Equest-users] Existing Building - New Windows

Harmon, Amy aharmon at sbmce.com
Thu Feb 7 05:51:27 PST 2013

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the help.

The existing building is poured concrete with face brick, the look of the building is very dated.  So, the architect has added the metal panels.  We have looked at making these insulated metal panels, but the budget just can't afford this.  We are over budget the way it is.

This building is connected to a campus chilled and heating system...the university has provided us with approximate utility costs for steam, chilled water, gas, electric, etc.  Because my proposed case will be set up with chilled and steam heaters, I'm somewhat fuzzy on my baseline.  Does my baseline need to show the chilled and steam meters?  I have a residential building, system 1 (PTAC), do I set my baseline up to show DX cooling and HW boilers?

We will be submitting for LEED Certified.  The architect had toyed with which LEED category to submit under NC (Major Renovations), CS or CI.  They finally agreed upon NC.

Thanks,
Amy