[Equest-users] Paid Energy Modeling Job - Anyone Interested?

Sami, Vikram Vikram.Sami at perkinswill.com
Tue Feb 12 10:50:34 PST 2013

I haven't used it, but I thought that the refrigeration version was to be used only for facilities that are refrigeration dominated. From their web page:

This version is only for modeling supermarkets and refrigerated warehouses and other facilities having refrigeration systems as a major energy consuming feature; since refrigeration equipment and refrigerated spaces are exempt from most title 24 requirements, this version has not been submitted for certification (and is not planned to be, at this time) as a Title 24 ACM.  This version can perform detailed simulations using user configured (defined and interconnected) models of refrigerated display cases, low-temperature refrigerant driven AHUs, racks of compressors or ammonia chillers with their controls, condensers, and refrigerant (including brine) circulation loop, plus the standard DOE-2 packaged DX HVAC systems.  This version DOES NOT contain all the standard DOE-2.2 chilled/hot water HVAC systems that are not commonly found in refrigeration dominated facilities; use the standard version of eQUEST to analyze those facilities.

Vikram Sami, LEED AP BD+C
Sustainable Design Analyst
1315 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30309