[Equest-users] How to verify that outside air is modeled with zero flow

Alex Blue ABlue at morrisonhershfield.com
Thu Feb 14 09:01:57 PST 2013

Hi Neeraj,

To model this in eQuest you would go to the air-side system -> fans -> night cycle control  and set night ventilation to unavailable and fan cycle to the appropriate control scheme.

If you want to confirm this setup using the outputs from eQuest, I believe you will need to set up hourly reports for the systems and take a look there. To my knowledge, it doesn't show up explicitly in the .sim file. As a first approximation, you could check the SS-K report, and see if there is any difference between "temperature between outdoor & room air all hours" and "temperature difference between outdoor & room air fan off hours" which could suggest whether there is some sort of difference between "all hours" and "fan off hours" in the eyes of the model.

Alex