[Equest-users] Creating custom utility rate file

Busman, Michael R MBusman at chevron.com
Thu Feb 14 11:16:11 PST 2013

Ginnie,

The easiest way to do this is from the wizard input.  First go to screen 4 of the Project & Site Data inputs.
[cid:image003.jpg at 01CE0AA4.B1A68E40]

In this instance, I've given it the rate name (TOU GS-3-Option B) and defined the rate type (uniform, time of use, block charges).  This rate has a winter and summer season, so second season is checked.  Next, define the duration of the summer season if applicable.  Also in this instance there is a max monthly or facilities related demand charge of $15.22/kW in addition to summer on peak and mid peak demand charges.  Define these and the time of use rates according to the rate schedule.  If you intend to use this rate in the future, make sure you've given it a rate name and click the diskette icon in the upper right corner to save it to the library of utility rates.

If you're defining a time of use rate, go to screen 5.  Click the colored boxes to assign the on peak, mid peak, and off peak periods as shown below.
[cid:image005.jpg at 01CE0AA4.B1A68E40]

Finally, to make sure you can use the rate for this project or when you start a future project using the same rate, go to screen 1.  For the electric rate, use the pull down menu to select file.  Then use the rate pull down menu to select the rate.  Please note that the first time you define the rate, select custom instead of file under the electric pull down menu.  After you've defined and saved the rate, you can come back to this screen and change it from custom to file.

[cid:image006.png at 01CE0AA3.A77E6AB0]

I hope this helps.  If you have further questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Mike Busman

Michael R. Busman, CEM
Lead Project Engineer II

Chevron Energy Solutions
A Division of Chevron U.S.A., Inc.
145 S. State College Blvd.
Brea, CA  92821
Direct  714-671-3561
Fax     714-671-3438
eFax   866-420-0335 (Include my Full Name followed by "CAI:MHTZ" on Cover Sheet)
Mobile 310-387-2083
mbusman at chevron.com<mailto:mbusman at chevron.com>