[Equest-users] A question about Heating energy source of 90.1 Baseline system selection

Jenny Zhang jenny.zhang at arup.com
Thu Jan 3 22:43:37 PST 2013

Dear All eQuest users,
I have a question about how to select baseline system according to 90,1-2007 Table G3.1.1A.
My project only have cooling in HVAC design, no heating but with natural gas system for cooking.

Refer to the notes below Table G3.1.1A it says: Where no heating system is to be provided or no heating energy source is specified, used the "Electric and other" heating source classification. So my project should select system 8 as the baseline system.

However when I check this in 90.1 user manual it says that only all-electrical building should be classified in the "Electric and other" type. For my project it is not all-electrical building, natural gas system is designed and will be installed, so I should choose system 7 as the baseline system.

The above questions confused me.  What's your opinions? How to define all-electrical system. I need your help.

Thanks very much in advanced.

Jie Zhang

Best regards & Happy New year.