[Equest-users] Domestic hot water not showing in simulation results

Pascal Poudenx PPoudenx at vantageairportgroup.com
Wed Jan 9 16:12:07 PST 2013

Hello,
I'm a new user to eQuest.
My first project is a small 2 level residential building with just a furnace and domestic hot water.
After setting up the model and running a simulation, the result table shows nothing for the Hot Water line which I think isn't right.
Note the Space Heating line does show numbers (from the NG furnace) that do make sense.
I set up the hot water with the SD Wizard by going in the "residential domestic water heating" page and putting:
Heater Fuel: Natural Gas
Heater Type: Storage
Hot Water Use: 60 Gal/Person/Day
Input Rating: 180 kBtuh
Thermal Efficiency: 80%
Tank Capacity: 75 Gallon
Stand-by Loss: 2%/hr
Supply Water: 135 F
Inlet equals ground temperature
Pumping: 0% recirculation

Clearly, I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. Has anyone come across that problem and would have a suggestion?
Thank you very much,
Pascal