[Equest-users] Beginner Question on Fan schedule

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Sun Jan 27 07:47:05 PST 2013

Hello Jay,
Do you have the DOE2.2 Reference manuals?  DOE2.2Vol2-Dictionary.pdf
explains what the INTERMITTENT keyword means.

See page 361 under INDOOR-FAN-MODE.

The reference manuals are available for download at
http://doe2.com/download/doe-22/

Download the latest edition of each manual and enjoy!

At 05:29 PM 26/01/2013, Jay M wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I tried searching for an answer on archives but unable to find an answer.
>
>I in Schematic Mode I set fan to "intermittent"  meaning HVAC fan is
>only on when heating/cooling is needed...
>
>1) if I set it a value of "1" fan is on alwayst on
>2) Set 0 Fan is "off"
>
>Since it is in intermittent mode, when i set to 0.... there is never
>any cooling.  what am I doing wrong?  Because if i set fan schedule
>in Detailed edit mod to 1 the fan is always on and I don't want that.
>
>I want intermittment fan schedule  but it's either 1 or 0 in the fan
>schedule...
>

>Thanks!

Christopher Jones, P.Eng.
Suite 1801, 1 Yonge Street