[Equest-users] TMY3 to TMY2 Conversion Problem

Busman, Michael R MBusman at chevron.com
Mon Jul 15 14:01:55 PDT 2013

It is my understanding that beginning Jan. 2014, California Climate Zone 8 will change from El Toro MCAS to Fullerton Municipal Airport.

I downloaded and installed the TMY3 to TMY2 conversion utility from NREL and also downloaded the Fullerton Airport data in a .csv file.  The converted file is 326 kb in size versus the normal 146 kb for .bin weather files.  After renaming the converted file to include the .bin extension, I tried running a sample simulation, but it crashed.

First, I get an invalid argument message box, which has been covered here quite a bit.  The simulation output only has one page with the error shown below.

[cid:image001.png at 01CE8163.BAC2D840]
Has anyone experienced a similar problem and if so, do you know the procedure/work-around to keep eQUEST from choking on the weather file?

Thank you.

Mike Busman

Michael R. Busman, CEM
Lead Project Engineer II

Chevron Energy Solutions
A Division of Chevron U.S.A., Inc.
145 S. State College Blvd.
Brea, CA  92821
Direct  714-671-3561
Fax     714-671-3438
eFax   866-420-0335 (Include my Full Name followed by "CAI:MHTZ" on Cover Sheet)
Mobile 310-387-2083
mbusman at chevron.com<mailto:mbusman at chevron.com>