[Equest-users] DCV application (Baseline minimum OA)

DongEun Kim equested at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 00:55:05 PDT 2013

Hi All!

I am currently involved in a LEED project and the building applies DCV
system.

My question is, can I  apply the same 'OA cfm/person' for the Baseline
building?

This might seem to be a silly question as we all know ASHRAE 90.1
Appx.G requires proposed and baseline building to

have same 'minimum OA.'

But I remember reading some people say they had LEED Review comment that
says, when proposed has DCV, baseline should have its minimum OA as
determined by ASHRAE 62.1.

This is an important issue in that when I follow above review comment and
put minimum OA per ASHRAE 62.1, there's almost no saving  achieved from
applying DCV.   :(

Any comments equester?

Kim