[Equest-users] Equest - adding Heat Recovery to VAVS system

Bruce Easterbrook bruce5 at bellnet.ca
Wed Jun 5 09:47:03 PDT 2013

Hi Ginnie,
IAQ costs money and bringing in fresh outside air to improve it is the
solution.  Heat recovery depending on your climate doesn't always save
money but typically if you have hot humid summers or cold winters it
will.  I would first take a look at your ERV/HRV schedule to make sure
it isn't running 24/7. You should also check it's relationship with the
economizers.  It should be off and bypassed when they are running.  You
only need fresh air for people when they are there occupying the building.
Bruce Easterbrook P.Eng.
Abode Engineering