[Equest-users] ASHRAE, BEMP Certification

Steve Jacobs sjacobseng at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 08:46:30 PDT 2013

I agree that experience/common sense is going to be most help. It isn't
like the LEED exam where they want you to regurgitate a bunch of random
numbers/criteria. A lot of the questions are common situational/modeling
approach questions. There are questions about the best way to trouble
shoot results. There are some calculation questions that a pretty easy
is you know your basic heat transfer formulas. There are some questions
on different data analysis types that I didn't really have a good grasp
on. I finished with about 30 minutes to spare, but I didn't spend much
time on questions I didn't know.

I don't know what the passing score is, but I ended up in the high 80s
without studying. I wouldn't say the exam is easy, but if you have a
couple year of modeling experience I would expect you would pass it
pretty easily.

- Austin