[Equest-users] Performance (curve) anxiety

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Tue Mar 5 13:43:07 PST 2013

Performance curves are defined by an INPUT-TYPE of COEFFICIENTS or DATA. I am creating several performance curves based on manufacturer data points, but would like to define them with COEFFICIENTS to save space in the input file.
Can someone walk me through a method to determine coefficients in Excel, or using another add-in or program, for the following CURVE-FIT TYPEs?
                TYPE             = BI-LINEAR-T
                 TYPE             = BI-QUADRATIC-T
                 TYPE             = CUBIC

Yes, eQUEST generates the coefficients when you enter data points, but I see no way to copy them to then turn around and define the curve using the coefficients.

Thanks,
Bill

[Senior Energy Engineer 28Jun2012]<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>