[Equest-users] Does eQuest properly account for latent loads in infiltration & ventilation?

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Wed Mar 13 19:10:17 PDT 2013

Z,

See the LS-C report in the sim file for all your runs. It shows the sensible and latent components of all your loads, including infiltration, but excluding mechanical ventilation.

See the SS-N report for the average relative humidity of all the zones served by each of the systems.

Also see the DOE-2 help menu description for MAX-HUMIDITY. This is a system setting, typically set to "100%" by default, meaning there is no humidity control. You can only control excess humidity by 1.) using a system type that has a heating coil downstream of the cooling coil, and a humidistat, and 2.) setting the MAX-HUMIDITY to less than 100%. You can tell if you have a humidistat assigned by the little rain-cloud symbol on the system schematic.

Regards,

Bill

[Senior Energy Engineer 28Jun2012]<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>