[Equest-users] Equest-users Digest, Vol 60, Issue 17

Neil Bulger nbulger at integralgroup.com
Fri Mar 22 08:31:35 PDT 2013

Exhaust fans, as equest uses them, cannot really do exactly this. For starters, a room you control temperature in, even with only a fan, is conditioned according to equest.

I would recommend outlining the objective of including this exhaust fan and then see where in equest you should include it.

If the objective is to account for the fan energy, and the heat off the generator is predictable daily, you could ignore envelope gains and assume the fan relieves heat on a fractional schedule. I would specify this dan in the zone level exhaust or put this fan directly on the electrical meter.

If you are determined to model the responsiveness of the fan, the zone would need a dedicated fake system that ramps a supply fan up in response to temperature. Zone level exhaust fans can only be controlled to a schedule or to track with a supply fan.

Equest has a fixed way it likes to operate and move air so the modeling solution will often look odd but capture the same energy totals.

-Neil Bulger

Sent from my iPhone