[Equest-users] Why this warning?

冷面寒枪 503271081 at qq.com
Sat Mar 23 03:44:56 PDT 2013

you can set Hot deck Max Leaving Tem to 95F,the warning will disappear!

From: "Ginnie Schofield";
Date: 2013年3月22日(星期五) 凌晨0:32
To: "equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org";
Subject: [Equest-users] Why this warning?

**WARNING************************************************

                                ZONE EL1 West Perim Zn (G.NNW3)

                                might have insufficient heating capability.

                                check that the SYSTEM or ZONE HEATING-CAPACITY plus this

                                ZONEs BASEBOARD-RATING is adequate to maintain the ZONE

                                specified DESIGN-HEAT-T for the calculated peak ZONE load

                                (see LS-A or LS-B for the ZONE peak load.)

                                SYSTEM EL1 Sys1 (VAVS) (G.NNW3)

                                which applies the above listed ZONE, has a design heating

                                coil exit temperature, HEAT-SET-T, (plus any zone reheat)

                                below it’s MAX-SUPPLY-T or the ZONE DESIGN-HEAT-T, which

                                might account for the insufficient heating capability.

I get this warning on my simulation.  I believe I have modeled a VAV system w/RH, with CHW loop (chiller) and HW loop (boiler). Very basic system.  It does not appear from my results, the heating plant/fan is activated.    I have checked  input, results, etc. and can’t seem to find where to “turn on” my heating plant and VAV reheat coils, or where the input for temperatures (as noted from above WARNING) can be adjusted.  In Wyoming, heating generally drives our loads. . . .

I have attached my files to help.   Any and all help will be certainly appreciated for this novice Equest user.

GINNIE SCHOFIELD

ENGINEERING DESIGN ASSOCIATES

1607 CY Ave, Ste 303, Casper, WY 82604

(Ph) 307-266-5033   (Fx) 307-234-3805