[Equest-users] Baseline Fan power calculation

RobertWichert robert at wichert.org
Mon Mar 25 07:51:34 PDT 2013

I believe I have written about this in the past, but since this seems to
be on-topic, I'll bring it up again.

The theoretical fan power equation, Fan BHP = (cfm x static press "w.c.)
/ (6356 x fan efficiency) can be used to calculate the theoretical fan
BHP, but you need the fan efficiency.  This seems to be NOT the way the
BHP is being calculated by the spreadsheet that was attached previously.

Is there a reason for that?

Was there an assumed fan efficiency used in the spreadsheet, and was it
based on anything particular, or just a conservative assumption?

Thanks!

Robert Wichert P.Eng. LEED AP BD&C
+1 916 966 9060
FAX +1 916 966 9068