[Equest-users] Automated Demand Response

Michael Hsueh mhsueh at integralgroup.com
Fri Mar 29 10:45:40 PDT 2013

Hi Bobby,

I haven't modeled automated demand response before, but my first thoughts
on strategies for implementing it in eQuest are thus:

   - You can find out when demand response events have generally occurred
   in your region. Based on that information, you can adjust your equipment
   schedules to ramp down on those days during peak periods.
   - An easier and more dumbed down method is just to cap your equipment
   load schedule fraction so that your building's power draw never exceeds the
   threshold you have in mind.

Just pitching ideas out there. I'm curious about what other people have
done to model demand response as well.

Cheers,

*Michael Hsueh *| Project Engineer**

*Integral Group *| 427 13th Street | Oakland CA USA 94612
*T* 510.663.2070 ext 241

integralgroup.com <http://www.integralgroup.com/> | *
mhsueh at integralgroup.com*****

*