[Equest-users] Modeling 2 interconnected buildings

Omar Katanani omar at ecoconsulting.net
Mon May 13 08:55:09 PDT 2013

Dear All,

I want to start modeling a school project comprising of 2 buildings interconnected by:

1.     A car parking on 2 basement levels, and

2.     a library space at the Ground & First Floor levels

I have attached a 3D rendering of the project and highlighted the 2 buildings (building 1 & building 2 in red and green) and the library separating them (in blue color). The underground basement is not shown in this image but will span the whole footprint below the 2 buildings.

I want to start by modeling these buildings via the wizard. I guess I will need to create separate shells and position them properly, right?

If this is the case, is the best scenario to model 3 shells as follows?

*         1 for Bldg#1,

*         1 for the library, and

*         1 for Bldg#2

As for the basement, is it better to model it as 1 big shell and place the 3 shells (listed above) just over the basement shell? Or it is better to divide the basement into 3 sections and merge each section with the above-ground shell (listed above)?

I hope I explained it clearly :)

Thanks,
Omar
___________________________
Omar Katanani
Senior Sustainability Engineer
Email: omar at ecoconsulting.net

EcoConsulting (Lebanon)
Nahas Building, 4th floor
Georges Haddad Avenue
Postal Code: 2028 5806, Saifi District
Beirut, Lebanon
Tel:  +961 (0) 1 971 266
Mobile: +961 (0) 3 045 045
EcoConsulting (UK) Ltd
28 Marshalsea Road
London, SE1 1HF
Tel: +44 (0)207 939 0989
Fax: +44 (0)207 939 0981
Website: www.ecoconsulting.net<http://www.ecoconsulting.net/>
[EcoConsulting Membership Logos (low res)]