[Equest-users] Autosized and EER in eQUEST

Poppong Sakulpipatsin bsimtrn at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 21:47:57 PDT 2013

Hi eQUEST friends,

I am doing a simulation
for a LEED project. I have received some comments from some reviews and I would like
to ask your helps to solve the comments

Comment 1: “Table
11.3.1.10 in the Proposed building column requires that the Proposed model
reflect all HVAC systems at actual equipment capacities and efficiencies. The
HVAC equipment capacities cannot be autosized in the Proposed model. Revise
the Proposed model to reflect all HVAC systems at actual equipment capacities
and efficiencies.”

My Question 1: How can I
know that the parameters are autosized in my eQUEST project?

Comment 2:“Section
11.3.2.c requires that where efficiency ratings, such as EER and COP,
include fan energy, the descriptor shall be broken down into its components so
that supply fan energy can be modeled separately. Since the efficiency
ratings are calculated at ARI-rated conditions, the fans must also be broken
out at ARI-rated conditions. eQUEST performs this step automatically between
the wizard and detailed interface (for example, a 10.0 EER packaged DX unit
with efficiencies entered in the wizard is shown in the detailed interface with
a cooling-only EIR of 0.2878 (EER = 11.86)). Revise the cooling efficiency in the
Baseline model to exclude fan energy.”

Question 2: Can I use
11.86 EER for the revised cooling efficiency in the Baseline model? If not, how
can I calculate the value?

Many thanks in advance
for your helps.

Best regards,