[Equest-users] CHP in eQUEST

Grace Pedersen gpeders2 at uic.edu
Thu Nov 28 13:08:01 PST 2013

Hi All,

I'm trying to model a recip engine for chp in eQUEST for a hospital. I have
created a 900 kW gas turbine electric generator and connected it to the hot
water loop for waste heat recovery. The electric meter it's tied to is
tracking cogeneration based on the electric load.

When viewing the SIM file, the data page for the Gas Turbine shows monthly
peaks greater than the capacity of the generator.  I've attached an a
spreadsheet containing the report for the gas turbine.

Am I reading the output file incorrectly? Does the ELEC LOAD column refer to
the entire building? Also the RCV ENERGY column is the recoverable energy
from the system, right?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!

Grace