[Equest-users] Cooling coil leaving temp error

Hall, Brendan BHall at karpinskieng.com
Tue Nov 5 13:34:00 PST 2013

I would say that is the likely culprit. The commonly used keyword is zone entering temperature (MIN-SUPPLY-T), not the coil leaving temperature. The coil temperature will be variable depending on how much heat gain the fan provides and the throttling range of the coil controller. In this case, the coil leaving temperature would likely be around 50 degrees if you have that much fan gain and I could see that generating that error. 5 degrees is on the high side for a fan, so check what number you are using to determine what the power input is. I always use the bhp not the nameplate to determine the kw/cfm of the fans.

Brendan Hall,  PE, LEED AP BD+C
Engineer, Mechanical
karpinski
ENGINEERING
3135 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH  44115
P  216.391.3700<tel:216.391.3700> Ext 3111
E  bhall at karpinskieng.com<mailto:bhall at karpinskieng.com>
W www.karpinskieng.com<http://www.karpinskieng.com/>