[Equest-users] Modeling Zones with Unit heaters as per ASHRAE 90.1. Appendix G

Simge Andolsun simgeandolsun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 16:31:29 PST 2013

Dear Nathan Miller,

Thank you very much for your response. Would you explain what you meant by
not separating out fan power from the cooling EER?

The solution I was thinking was creating a dummy zone which is exactly the
same as the zone with the unit heater and connecting the baseline cooling
system to this new zone. This doubles the lights and equipment though, but
this could easily be fixed by simply dividing these energy consumption
items by two. What do you think about this solution? Can you think of any
drawback of this solution?

 I'd appreciate it very much if you could help me with these questions,

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Simge Andolsun, PhD