[Equest-users] natural ventilation scenario and LEED

Christian Stalberg christian at naturalintelligence.us
Sun Nov 24 04:50:15 PST 2013

All,

Thank you for your considered opinions. I am going to assume that the
project does qualify for LEED and not just for the lighting as if it were
merely a parking garage.

I draw your attention now to the scenario described in Table D2 of the
Advanced Energy Modeling for LEED technical manual v.1 column P2 which is
natvent only and no mechanical system (my scenario). eQUEST is definitely
calculating the contribution of natvent in the proposed model but this is in
tandem with the baseline HVAC system still installed. I am trying to
determine how to turn off the mechanical systems completely and have natvent
only (assuming this is possible). Turning off the fans and/or eliminating
the economizer has not helped.

Any advice to avoid a long protracted fishing expedition would be greatly
appreciated!

Thank you.

_

Christian Stalberg