[Equest-users] System OSA using DOAS question

Ryan Black ryanblack17 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 07:32:28 PDT 2013

All,

I have a VRF system with a DOAS in a small office. I have it all set up and
after looking at the SV-A reports, I see that the DOAS is reporting the
full 800 cfm of OSA, as I entered (design supply flow of 800 cfm and min
OSA ratio set to 1). I tied all the connected systems to the DOAS using the
"Outside Air from System:" window. All the associated systems have a
reported OSA cfm, which I believe is based on the cfm/sq ft that I entered
for the associated Zones (OA Flow/Area). My question is does this result in
"double dipping" in regards to OSA? Should I zero out the OSA for either
the DOAS, or the OSA min flows at the Zone level?

Thanks!