[Equest-users] Table 6.8.1 of ASHRAE 90.1-2007

Billy Condor bcondor at sumacinc.com
Fri Oct 25 09:59:22 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,
I have two specific questions about mechanical equipment performance requirements (addressed in the tables 6.8.1 of ASHRAE 90.1-2007).

1. From 6.8.1G: For axial fan cooling towers, the performance required is >= 3.23 L/s.kW. Below this table, it says this: ''Cooling tower performance is defined as the maximum flow rating of the tower divided by the fan nameplate rated motor power''. Just to confirm, the maximum flow rating refers to the water flow rate or to the air flow rate of the fan?
Where can I see this value in the equest report so that LEED reviewers can verify my information is OK?

2. I've often worked with central systems that use chillers. But for some project I see, there are condensing units and evaporative units. My question is what table do these equipment fit better: 6.8.1A, 6.8.1B or 6.8.1D? Please see attached to look at the diagrams.

Please advice,
Regards,

Billy