[Equest-users] Table G 3.1.3.7

Matthew Baron mbaron at wendelcompanies.com
Thu Oct 17 06:23:35 PDT 2013

HI,
The type and number of chillers for system 7 & 8 (G3.1.3.7) states that you shall model the chillers as indicated on the table. The table shows if you have a peak building load of more than 600 tons you need to have 2 water cooled centrifugal chillers minimum with no chiller over 800 tons.(see attachments)
[G3.1.3.7.png]
[table g3.1.3.7.png]

For the kw they are simply taking the COP=Work done/Work input. So they are converting the cooling tons to kw and dividing it by the COP to obtain chiller demand.

Thanks,
Matthew J. Baron
[wendel EM]

Wendel, 140 John James Audubon Pkwy, Suite 201, Buffalo, NY 14228
p 716.688.0766   f 716.625.6825   e mbaron at wendelcompanies. com   w wendelcompanies. com

ARCHITECTURE    ENGINEERING    PLANNING    ENERGY SERVICES    CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email transmission is confidential and is intended only for the person(s) named above. Its contents may also be protected by privilege, and all rights to privilege are expressly claimed and not waived.  If you have received this email in error, please call us immediately and destroy the entire email. If this email is not intended for you, any reading, distribution, copying or disclosure of this email is strictly prohibited.