[Equest-users] Ground temperatures

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Thu Oct 24 12:55:07 PDT 2013

I haven't tried Joe's suggested tool (yet), but here's the hourly report variable you're looking for:
[cid:image001.png at 01CED0C7.28BC4720]
(Rankine conversion reference)<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rankine_scale>

You get here double clicking one of the hourly report items in the component tree under the "project and site" tab.  You can view the results by running the simulation then either opening the resulting .csv in the project directory or clicking the "hourly results" button on the top right of the "detailed results viewer," which opens the same file.  Within that file scroll to the far right to check out any custom report variables you've included for the project.

Such an hourly report builds upon Joe's observation - it appears the monthly ground temperatures are averaged into 12 values over the year, then applied to each month on an hourly basis for the simulation.  I can't speak to whether this is a trait specific to eQuest and/or the DOE-2 engine.

~Nick

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER