[Equest-users] eQUEST condensing boilers RATED-HWR-T

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Wed Sep 11 14:16:35 PDT 2013

Has anyone tried verifying that the RATED-HWR-T keyword modifies the hourly boiler HIR appropriately?

[cid:image005.jpg at 01CEAF0F.767C2220]

The default eQUEST condensing boiler curve is normalized at 80°F and 100% fire (1.0 PLR):

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CEAF0F.767C2220]

The DOE-2 documentation says that RATED-HWR-T is the temperature at which the efficiency and capacity is defined. So I guess eQUEST takes this into account when applying the performance curve.
Has anyone tried to verify this by entering the appropriate combinations of capacity, HIR and HWR-T for two or more runs and comparing the results?
As Obama said, "to paraphrase Ronald Reagan, we don't just trust but also verify".

Thanks,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, LEED AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Senior Energy Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114            F: (585) 325-6005
bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>           www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>
P   Sustainability - the forest AND the trees. P