[Equest-users] Ventilation flow rates for plenums

Ryan Black ryanblack17 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 13:28:23 PDT 2013

All,

I am setting up an eQUEST model following ASHRAE 90.1 - 2007 for LEED
submission. I am setting up the space/zone OSA ventilation rates based on
the scheduled vals given in the mechanical drawings by dividing the
scheduled cfm by the sq ft of the space the particular system serves. I
input these vals in the "Infiltration Flow" space on the Infiltration tab
of the space properties, or it's also the "A-C Infiltration Flow" column
under the space infiltration spreadsheet.

My question is what value should be input for the plenum infiltration? My
initial thought is it should be zero, as no OSA flow should be provided to
the plenum. Any reason it should be otherwise?

Thanks!

Ryan