[Equest-users] Exterior Windows misplaced

Bruce Easterbrook bruce5 at bellnet.ca
Tue Sep 10 10:32:51 PDT 2013

There is a good possibility you have made an error on the CAD input.  In
order to find it you are probably going to lose your detailed window
input.  Start by making a copy of where you are now and go back into the
wizard.  Work with your copies keeping your current file safe.
For your information I never do a detailed window/door placement until
I'm sure everything else is working correctly in the DD wizard.  I just
put the windows in as a percentage of the wall area and finish the
wizard.  I also keep lots of copies, lol, you never know when something
crops up.  As you will find with your copy going back into it will
probably delete your detailed windowinput.  Hence the reason I never do
it until I'm sure everything else is correct.  Basically a 30 second
place holder to keep the wizard happy.  Doing this allows me to go back
into the wizard and keep making adjustments and finding errors until I'm
satisfiedit is running smoothly.  If you have nothing to lose you can do
this for days.
The DD wizard is a great, easy interface to use.  You may be able to
solve your problem in the detailed edit area but it is several
magnitudes more difficult if you are a new useror even an experienced
one.  The most successful are used to DOE 1&2 before the eQuest
interface.  Thisstill maybe able to be done but you have to find the
problem first.
Bruce Easterbrook P.Eng.
Abode Engineering