[Equest-users] ERV + Evap Cooling Modeling in eQuest

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Mon Sep 16 06:46:24 PDT 2013

Wahid,

It would be easier for others to look at your model if you also included the .pd2 file.
Based on your input file, you are modeling two ERVs and you are trying to use the "dummy space" method. I do not use this method (yet) but others may have suggestions for you.
You are not going to get realistic results if I am interpreting your input file correctly:

-          Your two dummy spaces/zones have no occupants, equipment or lighting loads, or envelope loads (only OA)

-          You have specified zonal exhaust equal to the OA, which will simulate as no return air to the ERV

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, LEED AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Senior Energy Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114            F: (585) 325-6005
bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>           www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>
P   Sustainability - the forest AND the trees. P